MGT 435 Week 4 Quiz 1
- Satinelle is known for its ability to integrate newcomers into its high-performing culture. It also cares about supporting opportunities for employees’ professional growth. Because of this, Satinelle is known as a __________.
- A level 5 leadership style refers to leaders who tend to be __________.
- Cultural risk is the risk that __________.
- SillFill Corporation recruits and retains talented employees by giving them opportunities to participate in achieving the organization’s objectives. Specifically, SillFill lets employees sit in on focus groups. This falls under the employee involvement category known as __________.
- Variety-based positioning refers to __________.
- In order to facilitate the recruitment of the right talent, branding is especially important for __________.
- The concept of creative destruction refers to __________.
- Which of the following is the best example of a negative externality?
- __________ refers to the high-tech analysis of a company’s data in order to make better strategic decisions.
- All of the following iconic brands appeared on the Huffington Post’s list of companies that could soon go out of business EXCEPT __________.
MGT 435 Week 4 Quiz 2
- “Needs-based positioning” refers to
- Airline companies that attempt to improve customer relations by training their flight attendants, but not ticketing agents, are specifically guilty of
- The skills, knowledge, and experience of individuals or a workforce with regard to their value and costs as ……by an organization is known as
- True or false? According to Fisher and Taplan (2002), there is only one primary reason why organizational change programs fail
- According to Beeson (2011), “talent mindset companies” are firms that
- True or false? An organization cannot sustain change without first establishing a strong identity
- Which of the following organizations was guilty of failing to recognize the need for change?
- “Level 5 Leadership” style refers to leaders who tend to be
- True or false? “Data warehousing” refers to the high-tech analysis of a company’s data in order to make better strategic decisions.
- In order to facilitate the recruitment of the right talent, ”branding” is especially important for
MGT 435 Week 4 Quiz 3
- Structural change should be part of which stage in Lewin’s change theory?
- ____________ enhance coordinated focus on the marketplace but make integration across highly autonomous divisional units difficult to achieve.
- Matrix structures help support dual focus—on technical expertise and marketplace responsiveness—but will only be successful in organizations that can manage ambiguity, tension and conflict effectively.
- ____________ refers to the manner in which employees are subdivided into units and divisions as a way of focusing their efforts on the required activities of the company.
- Another divisional option, particularly for multinationals, is to adopt a geographically ……structure.
- In selecting a structure, organizations should focus on:
- ____________ is (are) ……to tie the total compensation package of individuals to the performance of their organization.
- To enhance the effectiveness of organization-wide bonuses, use:
- Employee praise is a good example of an ____________ reward.
- A key design feature of horizontally linked structures is: