HLTH-4200-1,Principles of Epidemiology.2020 Spring Qtr 02/24-05/17-PT3
Review Test Submission: Quiz – Week 1
- The London cholera epidemic of 1848 was traced to the Broad Street pump by whom?
- Epidemiology is concerned with all of the following EXCEPT:
- Select all that apply. What factors comprise the epidemiologic triangle?
- Select all that apply.The site where a disease agent enters the body is the .
- Match the following methods of direct transmission of an infectious disease with their definition.
- Vaccination is an example of what type of prevention?
- Health education programs about the hazards of starting smoking are examples of secondary prevention.
- The Centers for Disease Control published an article concerning the high rate of foot fungal disease in New Orleans. The article explains that there has been a high rate of foot fungal disease in New Orleans for decades. Foot fungal disease in New Orleans is best described as .
- In the definition of epidemiology, the terms “distribution” and “determinants” taken together refer to:
- During the second week of February, 87 persons in a small community (population 460) attended a social event that included a meal prepared by several of the participants. Within 3 days, 39 of the participants became ill with a condition diagnosed as salmonellosis.The attack rate among participants was .