HLTH-4000-4,Intro to Hlth Mgt
HLTH 4000 Week 6 Exam
- Then , inspired by the End Result System, was adopted as an accreditation tool in the early 1950s.
- A plan is not:
- Staff shortages can lead to:
- The modern history of quality and performance improvement in health care services can be divided into which of the following eras?
- True customer service skills cannot be taught; they must be found through careful recruitment of personnel.
- From systems thinking perspective, medical errors are and occur in complex, tightly linked organizations.
- It is recommended that workers directly participate in the formulation of a mission statement.
- The Dartmouth Atlas of Health Care illustrates the wide variations in medical practice that cannot be explained by illness severity or patient preference; the atlas was created by
- The “degree to which health services for individuals or populations increase the likelihood of desired health outcomes and are consistent with the current professional knowledge” is the most widely accepted definition of health care quality; it is provided by which of the following sources?
- The goals of system improvement are to .
- Managed care is forcing an increase in customer service communication with an increasing number of external and internal customers.
- A “health service [that has] risks [that] outweigh its benefits” is the definition of which of the following terms?
- Recent information from the literature concerning employee perceptions suggests that:
- The principal value of a mission statement is realized when it is posted publicly for employees and all other to see.
- The best way for management in HSOs to avoid unions is to:
- For CQI to be effective at the organization level, what element(s) must be in place?
- How do the mission, vision, and value statements tie to the strategic plan?
- Much of a plan’s value lies in its ability to reveal what went wrong in pursuing the desired result and to assign blame for the inappropriate result.
- Which aspect(s) of the SWOT analysis aims to identify external market forces?
- Which issues form the health policy triumvirate?
- Insightful care providers take steps to determine what their customers must have, what they want, and what they do not want.
- “Benefits” include all of the following except:
- The National Labor Relations Board provides guidance for HR in addressing:
- Donald Berwick champions a Systems Improvement approach to quality management that addresses of the following levels?
- The ISO 9000 was proposed in 1987 and improved in 1994 to provide a nonprescriptive management system quality standard for .