NURS 6551 Midterm Exam with Answers
- Which of the following is a diagnostic label that is listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual IV-TR?
- About half of all pregnancies in the United States are unintended and occur most frequently in women who:
- What is one factor that can reduce the risk for the development of ovarian cancer?
- What percentage of toxic shock syndrome cases are related to menses?
- Tubal sterilization for women who have completed their families is highly effective, but there are disadvantages such as:
- Women who report experiencing the most severe symptoms of PMS tend to be:
- What is the definition of primary amenorrhea?
- How many stages does the Tanner scale use to stage sexual maturity?
Which contraceptive methods have inherent failure rates?
- What is the most common type of menstrual dysfunction related to hyperandrogenism?
- Combined oral contraceptives (COCs) are among the most extensively studied medications available. Which one of the following statements about their use has been found to be true?
- Many patients experiencing intimate partner violence (IPV) meet the criteria for diagnosing PTSD. Those criteria include all of the following except:
- Which of the following is an ethical issue that is specifically associated with pre-implantation testing with ART?
- The ________ is probably the most widely used intimate partner violence (IPV) screen.
- What is the term for the absence of menses for 3 to 6 months in a woman who has previously menstruated and is not pregnant, breastfeeding, or menopausal?
- Among women age 55 years and older:
- Both very young and elderly sexual assault victims:
- What is the major source of normal vaginal secretions?
- Which one of the following statements about intimate partner violence (IPV) is false?
How is being overweight defined on the BMI table?
- What has contributed to the decreased incidence of hepatitis B over the past 20 years? 1.
- Which are the most common forms of hepatitis seen in women’s health practices?
- The factors that enable women to enjoy and control their sexual and reproductive lives, including a physical and emotional state of well-being and the quality of sexual and other close relationships, make up a woman’s:
- What test should be ordered for a woman who is experiencing abnormal uterine bleeding (AUB) as well as headaches and peripheral vision changes?
- Surgical abortion represents an option for women who desire termination of pregnancy beyond: 1. 2.
- What POPulation of women should be screened for signs and symptoms of thyroid dysfunction?
- All of the following diagnostic testing and procedures are now infrequently performed in clinical practice except:
- The most common site for endometrial implants found in other parts of the body is:
- Women who have had toxic shock syndrome should be instructed not to use tampons or:
- Cyclic mastalgia:
The incidence of uterine fibroids:
- Patients presenting for STI treatment should be screened for HIV:
- What screening recommendation is similar across all groups for colorectal cancer?
- Approximately what percentage of vulvar cancers occur in women older than the age of 50?
- Signs of endometrial or cervical cancer may present abnormal uterine bleeding, often as heavy, prolonged bleeding or:
- In the GTPAL system for recording pregnancy history, the “T” stands for:
- What is now thought to be the most important causative agent in cervical cancer?
- The most common sites of metastatic spread of invasive breast cancer include all of the following except:
- Who should be screened regularly for STIs? (nurs 6551 midterm)
- What is a common vasomotor symptom of menopause?
- So, What is the best definition of abnormal uterine bleeding (AUB)?
- What should be the clinician’s first objective after learning the chief reason the woman desires care?
- No risk factors other than age are identifiable in ______ of women with breast cancer.
- The highest prevalence of human papillomavirus (HPV) is found among women ages:
- Although barrier contraception methods are less effective in preventing pregnancy than more modern methods, interest in them is on the rise because they:
- So, check out our latest Tutorials and Courses on BUSI 435.