JUS 635 Topic 8 Assignment, Secondary Sources of Law
In 750 to 1,000 words, address the following issues pertaining to secondary sources of law:
- Describe the differences between a practice book and a form book.
- Describe how a legal practitioner would be able to find the proper practice or form book.
- Analyze how a legal practitioner would be able to determine whether the materials in a practice or form book are useful to a client, and how the materials found in a practice or form book might be legally altered to support a client’s interest.
- Utilize each of the following subheadings in your paper in the following order: Introduction, the Legal Practice and Form Book, Finding the Proper Practice or Form Book, Uses for a Client, Careful Use of Practice or Form Books, Conclusion, References,
- Provide three to four sources to support your claims.
JUS 635 Topic 8 Discussion 1
What is a secondary source of law? When might a secondary source of law become important to the work of a legal researcher? How does a legal researcher make a determination to go to secondary sources of law?
JUS 635 Topic 8 Discussion 2
What are the Restatement(s) of Law? Why might they be helpful to a legal researcher? Why might citing the restatement of law be helpful when writing an appellate brief?