ELM 510 Week 5 Assignment, Benchmark Academic Success Plan
The two main purposes of the Academic Success Plan are as follows.
- Development of effective engagement plans.
- Development of classroom management plans.
Explain how these plans would be implemented in the classrooms.
Develop the Academic Success Plan for a grade level of your choice. This plan can be based on the “Class Profile.” Prior assignments can be used based on instructor feedback, for this benchmark. This plan needs to be completed in two parts and include the following elements:
Part 1: Classroom Management Plan
In 250-500 words, create a classroom management plan. Also include an introduction and a purpose statement. Which explains the reasons for creating the plan.
Describe in the plan:
- How to motivate and engage collaboration among peers
- How students will stay on task and organized in their work.
- The resources and support inside and outside the classroom
- How a functioning learning environment will be established
- How to ensure the classroom expectations and procedures are in place
- In what way the data is related to student behaviors and responses will be collected. How the classroom management practices will be informed through the collected data?
Part 2: Communication Management Plan
In 500-750 words, address the following prompts to create your communication management plan. Your communication management plan must address the following:
- How to communicate with families for the establishment of positive school-home relations.
- How to make the connection from school to home to promote positive relationships regarding professional decisions and actions that maintain educational equity in order to establish a safe learning community for students
- Access students and families will have to technology and how to use technology in a safe, productive, and positive environment
- An overall intent to establish a collaborative, learning environment that integrates families, colleagues, and professionals to create a positive, student-centered, supportive learning environment that fosters the growth of students’ intellectual, social, emotional, and physical development. Support your plan with three scholarly resources. ELM 510 week 5