Please make sure to complete the “Navigating the GCU Library” assignment BEFORE completing this assignment.
- To assist you with this assignment, be sure to review the “The Writing Process” media; this is a great resource for you to use as you create your essay throughout the course.
- Access and complete the “Brainstorming and Beginning Research” assignment. This assignment will walk you through the writing process steps of choosing a topic, brainstorming techniques, research strategies, and research.
UNV 104 Week 1 Navigating the Online GCU Library Assignment
- Step 1: How to access the Library
- Step 2: How to Find Books
- Step-3: Library Databases
- Step 4: Narrowing Your Search for Articles
- Step-5: Finding Journal Articles
- Step 6: Article Details
- Step 7: Permanent and Personal Links
- Step-8: Using Library Databases to cite Articles
UNV 104 Week 1 Topic 1 Discussion 1: In this topic, you are required to begin the development of your expository essay by completing several brainstorming techniques. Please view the Writing Process media piece section “Inventing Your Ideas, and then share with your classmates two brainstorming techniques that you found helpful. In addition, explain why you found these helpful and how it relates information literacy and the writing process.
UNV 104 Week 1 Topic 1 Discussion 2: Considering the resources and readings assigned to you this week, give a brief overview of Information Literacy in your own words. Include in your response, the process of information literacy and challenges that college students may face in becoming information literate.