PSYC-4002-1-Brain and Behavior-2021-Winter-QTR-Term-wks-1-thru-6
Test – Week 1
- The delicate neural structures in the brain are protected by:
- During the development of the nervous system:
- An action potential occurs at a specific amplitude for that neuron, regardless of the stimulus intensity or how much higher than the threshold the stimulus is; this is known as the:
- While researchers feel it is more ethical for animals to experience suffering than humans, animal rights activists argue that this is an unacceptable and biased viewpoint called:
- have a branched structure and receive stimulation from other neurons.
- Why are scientists moving slowly regarding the therapeutic use of stem cells?
- The ongoing biological activity of a living brain can be visualized by using:
- Homunculus refers to:
- In the mature human brain, most changes consist of:
- Neural plasticity refers to the:
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation:
- The directional term anterior means:
- The functioning of the two hemispheres is:
- True experimental studies:
- The most obvious function of the cerebellum is in movements initiated by the.
- The corpus callosum:
- Which of the following is a true statement of the imaging technologies used to study brain anatomy?
- Which of the following methods uses radioactive DNA, which will dock with messenger RNA?
- Stem cells have been used to successfully treat all of the following except:
- Jorge, a 63-year-old factory worker, su$ered a stroke. He can speak, but he cannot understand when spoken to. The stroke was probably in: