PSYC-4002-1-Brain and Behavior-2021-Winter-QTR-Term-wks-1-thru-6
PSYC 4002 Test – Week 4
- One of the newest proposed pharmaceutical means of addressing obesity has been to administer an appetite-suppressing hormone known as , which in studies has been shown to reduce caloric intake by more than 25%.
- Androgens are produced by the:
- Mavis, who does not exercise, has reduced her calorie intake by 25% and expects to lose a lot of weight. What is likely to happen?
- Maccoby and Jacklin (1974) concluded that boys and girls differed in their abilities in what areas?
- The feminization of the brain is now known to require more than an absence of but also the influence of .
- Some examples of incentives are:
- The development of gonads into a male or female pattern depends on:
- What is a reasonable approach to interpreting sex differences in cognition and behavior, according to the textbook?
- Prader-Willi syndrome involves:
- A is a chemical that is released by one animal to affect the physiology and or behavior of another member of (usually) the same species.
- Sensation seeking is an essential component of:
- Sex is considered to be a form of behavior.
- An individual with congenital adrenal hyperplasia will
- Robert could not get used to the changing seasons; he felt hot so he wanted the air conditioning on, then he felt chilled. His sensations of being either too hot or too cold resulted from his actions of his:
- One drug therapy that has shown some effectiveness with bulimics is:
- Exercising during dieting increases weight loss because it:
- You decide to be good to yourself and eat an entire giant cinnamon roll with lots of icing. Afterward, your glucoprivic hunger would be, and your lipoprivic hunger would be .
- Storage of glucose and fats is controlled by:
- Males usually have a sexual period while females do not.
- Which of the following neurotransmitters increases in the nucleus accumbens during sexual activity?