PSYC-2009-2-Theories of Personality-2022-Summer-QTR-Term-wks-1-thru-6
Test – Week 3
- To Rogers, the major developmental concern is whether the child is free to self-actualize, or whether cause(s) the child to become defensive.
- Rogers recognized that a proper evaluation of the effectiveness of his therapeutic technique would require methods.
- Rogers noted that individuals can become so consumed with the need for that they can lose touch with their own values.
- In Rogers’s client-centered therapy, the therapist’s role is to do all of the following except:
- According to Rogers, anxiety is the result of inconsistency between:
- In cataloging human strengths, Seligman and colleagues noted that for a characteristic to be a strength, it should be an enduring characteristic of the person that is beneficial in a variety of life domains. Which of the following, then, would not be characterized as a strength?
- The central idea behind Fredrickon’s broaden and build theory of emotions is that positive emotions can .
- In Coopersmith’s (1967) research on the origins of self-esteem, three factors influenced a child’s sense of self-worth. Which of the following was not one of them?
- Although there are many different kinds of existentialists, all are concerned with
- Crocker, Sommers, and Luhtanen (2002) found that the self-worth of graduate school applicants was contingent upon the letters of acceptance and rejection they received from graduate programs only for students for whom academic success .
- Rogers believed that people:
- The Q-sort can be described as a measure that is fixed flexible.
- According to Rogers, the neurotic individual experiences between self and experience.
- According to terror management theory, much of our behavior is motivated by .
- A central tenet of theory is that people have an inherent psychological need to engage in tasks that are intrinsically meaningful as opposed to action that is coerced, forced, or compelled, whether by internal forces or external forces.
- Research by Zhu, Ziang, Fan, and Han (2007) comparing brain images of college students from Eastern and Western cultures indicated which of the following?
- In Rogers’s phenomenological theory, the key structural concept is that of the .
- Rogers’s subception is most similar to Freud’s concept of .
- Contemporary psychologists such as Martin Seligman who have attempted to portray human strengths and virtues are part of the .