NSG 6435 Final Exam with Answers
- Which of the following is not found in an adolescent with untreated Graves’ disease?
- A fifteen-year-old male patient reports a three-day history of sore throat, fever, and malaise. Physical examination reveals pharyngitis, anterior cervical adenopathy, and an oral temperature of 101.6 degree Fahrenheit (38.7 degree Celsius). Which diagnostic test does a pediatric primary care nurse practitioner order next?
- The adolescent should be screened for Type 1 diabetes _______________.
- What is one of the most important components of a presports participation physical exam?
- What factors can negatively impact children’s access to medical homes and adequate health care services?
- The nurse practitioner recognizes which of the following signs as indicators that baby is not receiving sufficient breastmilk from the mother?
- The sexual development of a fourteen-year-old girl is notably delayed. She is very short, slightly obese, and complains of constipation and fatigue. Her skin is sallow and coarse in texture, and her hair is brittle. Which of the following tests should be obtained?
- _____________children are less likely to be diagnosed with attention deficit disorder than others.
- The most common form of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis is ____________.
- Indications for immediate dialysis in the pediatric patient is
An early adolescent patient is more likely to have
- Bipolar disease requires _____________ for successful treatment.
- The number one psychological disorder in the United States has been identified as _________.
- Weight loss, chronic diarrhea, anemia, and weakness in an adolescent are symptoms of _________.
- An immunocompromised four-year-old patient presents for his vaccinations. Which vaccination would you hold on this patient?
- Bipolar disease is often diagnosed in ____________________.
- Biomedical issues that may create academic performance issues include _______________.
- ___________ increases a child’s risk of being diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
- The best way to screen for human papilloma virus in an adolescent female is
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder may be ___________.
- Eating disorders are _____________.
- adolescents should be asked about depression and suicide risk annually.
- The most common form of child abuse seen in pediatric primary care is
- Children with disabilities are guaranteed a free and appropriate education by three federal laws: Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, IDEA, and _______________.
It is important to monitor _______ in an adolescent with inflammatory bowel disease?
- Which of the following medications should be avoided in a patient with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP
- The two primary sources of inflammatory bowel disease are _____________ and ____________.
- An otherwise healthy two-year-old boy is brought to the emergency room with a four-week history of wheezing and persistent cough. Prior to the start of these symptoms, the parent recalls a coughing event that resolved spontaneously. Of the following the most likely diagnosis is:
- Which of the following is not a sign or symptoms of congenital hypothyroidism?
- Secondary epilepsy may occur at any age but is more likely to be found in __________________.
- Bipolar disease may be __________________.
- A fourteen-year-old child without a spleen is at increased risk for which of the following?
- A healthy eleven-year-old male had a Td booster two-year ago after stepping on a nail, but otherwise has had no immunizations since age six when his vaccinations were up to date. Which of the following vaccines would be indicated as a part of his well-child visit?
- The nurse practitioner sees a three-week-old infant in the clinic. Initial assessment findings show an infant with a 100.5 degree Fahrenheit rectal temperature, heart rate 120, respiratory rate 50. Upon physical exam no noted abnormalities are found. What would be the appropriate response of the primary care, clinic nurse practitioner?
Genu Varum is considered an abnormal condition when extreme knock knees continues
- The reliving of a very personal, negative, or traumatic event, over and over again is known as ________________.
- The parents of a twelve-year old are concerned about their daughter’s fear of school. She is reluctant to go and will “come home early because she is sick.” You suspect the patient suffers from ____________.
- Some children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder have been found to have ___________.
- Possible side effects from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder medications include ____________.
- Which of the following is a very important question to ask during the history taking for a sports evaluation?
- ___________ are the first line choice for treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorders.
- Type 1 diabetes begins when ____________________.
- Which of the following results would you most likely see in a child with a viral infection?
- A fifteen-year-old male patient with cerebral palsy has been experiencing alteration in mood for the past two days, complains of an unusual odor, and then begins to have forceful muscle contractions followed by flaccidity then lethargy. You would describe this as a _______________.
The feeling of loss of control over eating is known as ___________.
- A sixteen-year-old male presents to your office accompanied by his parents. They are concerned about his absenteeism from school. You suspect the patient has ________.
- Short-acting insulin should be dosed _________________.
- A thirteen-year-old girl has several firm, small (2 mm) white skin-colored umbilicated papules on her neck. The lesions have been present for three months and have increased in number. What is your diagnosis?
- The best way to screen for gonorrhea in an adolescent male is
- The incidence of epiglottis has decreased because of which vaccine?
- Pauciarticular arthritis is identified by pain in ___________ joints.
- Type 2 diabetes is found (nsg 6435 final)
- Which group of adolescents is more likely to develop Type 1 diabetes?
- Which of the following is most accurate regarding pain assessment in the pediatric patient?
- The best way to screen for gonorrhea in an adolescent female is
- The primary age of onset for inflammatory bowel disease is between ages of __________ and _______.
_______ creates higher costs than all other medical problems.
- A thirteen-year-old presents to your clinic with complaints of a sore throat. History reveals that he had a sore throat a couple of weeks ago and though he has gotten well, he has severe pharyngeal pain for two days duration and says he has been sweating and thinks he has fever. Pharyngeal exam reveals a temperature of 102 degree Fahrenheit and erythematous and edematous pharynx and soft palate. The right tonsil is swollen and inflamed without exudate, and the uvula is displaced to the left. Right cervical nodes are tender. Lungs are clear to auscultation.
- These signs and symptoms are suggestive of (nsg 6435 final)
- Health guidance regarding sexual activity should be discussed with
- Which group of adolescents is more likely to develop Type 2 diabetes?
- Symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder are present prior to ________ years of age.
- Secondary hypothyroidism results from (nsg 6435 final)
- During a well-child visit, a mother expresses concern that her three-year-old child has recently started to stutter when excited. The pediatric primary care nurse practitioner informs the mother that stuttering in a preschool-aged child
- Symptoms of the attention deficit hyperactivity disorder must have been present at least ______ before a diagnosis can be made.
- ADHDs are likely to affect ___________________. .
_______ is the leading cause of renal failure.
- Adolescents prefer to be
- An adolescent with which of the following would not be considered at an increased risk for dental erosion?
- Diet of an infant four to six months old should include
- Maturity onset diabetes of youth (MODY) is usually found before the age of _____________.
- The Board of Nursing for each state ___________.
- The insulin requirement for a Type 1 diabetic is determined by:
- In a newborn, a diagnosis of hip dislocation is suspected when
- Thoughts that are false but persistent are known as _________ ideations.
- Age related or primary epilepsy usually presents ________________.
- So, check out our latest Tutorials and Courses on BUSI 435.