HCI 670 Week 5 Assignment Benchmark Create a Workflow
The purpose of this assignment is to analyze a clinical workflow and apply process modeling techniques to solve an EMR problem.
Read the “Integrated Case Study” resource and review the “Oncology North: Navigator Intake Paper Form” and “Oncology South: Oncology Navigator Intake Form” prior to beginning the assignment. In addition, refer to the instructor feedback you received on the Topic 3 assignment.
Part 1: Analyze a Current State
Analyze the “Oncology North: Navigator Intake Paper Form” and “Oncology South: Oncology Navigator Intake Form” to identify opportunities for process improvement as they relate to informatics. Consider ways to optimize electronic documentation and reduce the number of steps.
Part 2: Create a Future State Workflow
Using an Excel spreadsheet or Word document, create a future state workflow that solves the identified improvement opportunities from your analysis with a minimum of six steps and a clearly defined start and stops. The workflow must display the accurate symbols used to indicate certain actions.
Part 3: Rationale
In addition, support the future state workflow with a 500-word rationale that provides the following:
- Identify the users of the
- Describe the identified opportunities for process improvement and how the future state workflow addresses these
- Describe how the future state workflow optimizes electronic documentation and reduces the number of
- Explain the effects of the future state workflow on patient
- Explain how the future state workflow will change based on user
Discuss how to develop an improvement plan to enhance the future state workflow of the “HCI 670 Week 5 Assignment Benchmark Create a Workflow” . Include three to five scholarly resources to support your findings.