PSYC 4700 Week 1 Quiz
- Descriptive statistics are procedures used to
- True or False: Descriptive statistics and inferential statistics are used for precisely the same
- Researchers measure data in a __________ to learn more about individuals in the larger __________ of
- A researcher records the time it takes to complete a memory task in a sample of 25 He finds that the average participant completed the test in 43 seconds. The average time to complete this task is called a(n)
- Which of the following best describes a dependent variable?
- An education counselor records the number of high school graduates enrolled in community colleges, and 4-year colleges, and What scale of measurement is the type of college?
- True or False: The duration of attention (in seconds) is a ratio scale
- A researcher measures the body temperature (in degrees Fahrenheit) of participants immediately before and immediately following Temperature is on what scale of measurement?
- Recording whom students study with describes __________ types of data, whereas recording the number of hours spent studying per week describes __________ types of
- Quantitative measures can be
- __________ are measured along a continuum at any place beyond the decimal
- True or False: Children are randomly assigned to complete a low, moderate, or high difficulty The time (in seconds) it takes them to complete the task is recorded. In this example, the level of task difficulty is the dependent variable.
- True or False: A rating scale measurement from 1 (completely disagree) to 7 (completely agree) is an example of a continuous, qualitative
- True or False: Continuous data are only distributed in discrete units.