PSY 575 Topic 1 Assignment 1 (Four Seasons – Personality Assessment)
Assess yourself using the Big 5 Personality test (http://www.outofservice.com/bigfive/).
In 750-1,000 words, do the following:
- Analyze your trait results.
- Assess if your results might contribute to or hinder organizational effectiveness.
- Contrast how your personality effectiveness would differ within mechanistic and organic structures.
Use two or three scholarly resources to support your findings.
PSY 575 Topic 2 Assignment 1 (Benchmark – Leadership Theories)
In 750-1,000 words, contrast the simplicity of Theory X Theory Y with the complexity of more contemporary theories such as Self-Determination and Cognitive Evaluation.
- Using the car industry as an example, contrast the assembly line approach of Henry Ford with the team approach of modern manufacturing such as Toyota or Tesla.
- Describe how changes in industry reflect changes in theoretical frameworks.
Please use three to five scholarly resources in your assessment.
PSY 575 Topic 3 Assignment 1 (Presidential Comparison)
In 750-1,000 words, chose two United States Presidents and do the following:
- Analyze their leadership styles.
- Compare those leadership styles using two of the specific theories discussed in the text.
- Discuss a single major crisis each president dealt with.
- Explain how their specific leadership style managed the situation, either effectively or ineffectively.
Use three to five scholarly resources to support your findings.
PSY 575 Topic 4 Assignment 1 (Filmic Power)
In 750-1,000 words, contrast five bases of power.
Choose a movie or television show that portrays power and leadership styles.
Select a character or characters in the film that depict leadership and/or management qualities.
To frame the context, consider: leaders obtain power from different sources.
- Describe which of the five bases of power are represented in selected characters, including how the bases of power are represented in action using power tactics.
- Describe how the character(s) portray leadership and/or management.
- Describe the characteristics, behaviors, and/or traits the characters exhibit that demonstrates their leadership or management skills.
Please include three to five outside references or other resources for evidentiary support.
PSY 575 Topic 5 Assignment 1 (CLC – Effective Communication)
This is Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) assignment.
Each Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) teams will consider examples of group communication within the United States Congress. In 1,000-1,250 words, address the following:
- Describe the types of communication occurring in the group.
- Discuss the stages of development according to the Tuckman’s theoryin which the group is currently functioning.
- Identify a minimum of five barriers of communication exhibited in Congress.
- Explain the role of groupthink in contributing to these barriers.
- Recommend steps that could be taken to better facilitate communication.
Use three to five scholarly resources to support your findings. One paper will be submitted for the CLC group, how the paper is populated is up to the group.
PSY 575 Topic 6 Assignment 1 (Conflict Mediation)
Part 1: Conflict Mediation Report
Write a conflict mediation report, in 1,000 to 1,250 words, demonstrating a formal mediated approach to conflict management from the perspective of mediator. Address the following:
- Use a case study as a foundation for the report. Give a brief summary of case.
- Recommend steps for conflict management based on the case study.
- Consider whether/how mediator’s personal behaviour style helps or hinders the formal mediation process.
- Recommend steps for resolution.
Use library databases to include a minimum of four to five scholarly references for evidentiary support.
Part 2: Conflict Resolution Form
Design a formal conflict mediation form based on one of the following perspectives: request for mediation, agreement to mediate, or mediation preparation.
PSY 575 Topic 7 Assignments 1 (Masterminding Change)
In 1,200-1,500 words, describe how to “mastermind” change in an organization. Select an organization you feel needs to change; address the following:
- Select one of the following approaches for organizational change: Lewin, Kotter, Action Research, or Organizational Development.
- Use one of the aforementioned methods to describe how you would mastermind/create change.
- Describe the attributes of the organization that are making it ineffective and how the changes being made will fix those attributes.
- Describe how mechanistic and organic structure affect change.
Please use three to five outside references or other resources for evidentiary support.
PSY 575 Topic 8 Assignments 1 (Learning Organizations)
You have been hired as a consultant by an organization of your choice (please select a real-world organization). In 1,250 to 1,500 words, use the four steps outlined on page 9 of the Heorhiadi, LaVenture, and Conbere article to explain how you would assist this organization in becoming a learning organization.
Utilize the leadership theories from Topic 3 and the organizational change theories in topic 7 in your explanation.
Use four to six scholarly resources as evidentiary support of your research.