POLI 330N Week 4 Quiz 1 – Question and Answers
- (TCO 3) Explain which individuals have the most influence on politics via interest groups.
- (TCO 3) What U.S. groups that are underrepresented by interest groups took to the street in inner-city riots in the 1960s, thus demonstrating what a group or groups might do when they cannot express their grievances through legitimate channels?
- (TCO 3) Bureaucracies have become big and powerful, developing _____ of their own.
- (TCO 3) When interest groups approach the _____, they may not be in need of or want of a new law, but merely favorable interpretation of existing rules and regulations.
- (TCO 3) Large parties in particular can be analyze as _____.
- (TCO 3) Why does proportional representation (PR) allow and even encourage parties to split?
- (TCO 3) Which of the following is an advantage to having less powerful, less centralized parties?
- (TCO 3) Why do Americans vote so little?
- (TCO 3) Describe the impact of education on those who vote. poli 330n week 4 quiz
- (TCO 3) _____ regions may harbor economic and cultural resentments at being ruled by a distant capital.