NSG 6005 Week 4 Knowledge Check Quiz Answers
- Patients with pheochromocytoma should avoid which of the following classes of drugs due to the possibility of developing hypertensive crisis?
- Harold, a forty-two-year-old African American, has moderate persistent asthma. Which of the following asthma medications should he use cautiously, if at all?
- Patients with allergic rhinitis may benefit from a prescription of:
- Howard is a seventy-two-year-old male who occasionally takes diphenhydramine for his seasonal allergies. Monitoring for this patient taking diphenhydramine would include assessing for:
- Montelukast (Singulair) may be prescribe for:
- Christy has exercise and mild persistent asthma and is ….two puffs of albuterol fifteen minutes before exercise and as …for wheezing. One puff per day of beclomethasone (Qvar) is also …. Teaching regarding her inhalers includes which one of the following?
- Monitoring a patient with persistent asthma includes:
- Pregnant patients with asthma may safely use ____ throughout their pregnancies.
- Cough and cold medications that contain a sympathomimetic decongestant such as phenylephrine should be used cautiously in what population?
- The first-line treatment for cough related to a upper respiratory infection in a five-year-old is:
- Prior to developing a plan for the treatment of asthma, the patient’s asthma should be classified according to the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) Expert Panel 3 guidelines. In adults, mild-persistent asthma is classified as asthma symptoms that occur:
- Medications used in the management of patients with COPD include:
- One goal of asthma management in children is:
- Education of patients with COPD who use inhaled corticosteroids includes the following:
nsg 6005 week 4 quiz