NR 507 Week 6 Assignment: Recorded Disease Process Presentation – Diabetes Type 1
(20 Slides with References and Speaker’s Notes)
- What is Diabetes
- Understanding Diabetes Type 1
- Risk Factors and Etiology Diabetes Type 1
- Healthcare Provider Implications of Prevention
- Health Care Provider Implications for Prevention of Type 1 Diabetes
- Complications of Diabetes Type 1
NR 507 Week 6 Assignment: Recorded Disease Process Presentation Guidelines
For Week 6 of the course, there is no case study given to you by the faculty. Instead you will be creating a recorded presentation that demonstrates your understanding of a selected disease process. This presentation will be uploaded into the course via Kaltura (see course resource for directions).
Address the following Criteria:
- Introduce the disease with a brief definition and description.
- Discuss the Risk Factors and the connection to the Etiology of the initial injury to the cell/tissue/organ.
- Discuss health care provider implications for prevention of the disease.
- Show the progression from the initial injury to the defect in the tissue, organ and system functioning.
- Link changes in the tissue, organ, and system functioning to the initial presenting signs and symptoms seen in primary care of the disease.
- Provide a brief description of how the disease is …..
- Provide a brief description of the pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions used to treat and manage the disease.
- Summarizes the disease on final slide with concluding remarks; includes implication for nurse practitioner practice.
- Utilizes at least two current (within 5 years), peer-review scholarly sources to support presentation content