nr 451 course Discussion
NR 451 Week 1 Discussion 1, Types of Nursing Models and Frameworks of EBP
What are some of the models and frameworks of EBP currently in use? How does the strength of the evidence determine translation into practice? Why is it important to integrate both evidence-based practice and patient and family preferences? What is the nurse’s responsibility when EBP and patient and family practice do not match?
NR 451 Week 2 Discussion, The Clinical Question
Your capstone change project begins this week when you identify a problem that you judge needs to experience a change in order to produce better patient outcomes.
- Formulate a significant clinical question that will be the basis for your capstone change project.
- Relate how you developed the question.
- Describe the importance of this question to your clinical practice.
- Define meta-analysis, and explain how this relates to evidence -based practice (EBP)
- Describe what a research-practice gap is
NR 451 Week 3 Discussion, Feasibility of Your Design Proposal and Importance of Communication
This week’s graded discussion topic relates to the following Course Outcome (CO).
- CO3 Communicates effectively with patient populations and other healthcare providers in managing the healthcare of individuals, families, aggregates, and communities. (PO 3)
Now that you have identified your capstone change project, it is time to look at its feasibility.
- What tangible and intangible resources will be needed to implement your project?
- What improved outcomes do you anticipate will occur that could indicate the project produced a successful return on investment (ROI) of these resources?
- How will you communicate your plan for change with key decision makers so that they will support the allocation of the resources you are seeking?
NR 451 Week 4 Discussion, Continuous Quality Improvement for Improved Patient Outcomes
Your lesson this week discussed various patterns of nursing care delivery. In your opinion, what is the most effective nursing care delivery model and why? What are the advantages and disadvantages of your chosen nursing care delivery model? Give specific clinical examples.
NR 451 Week 4 Discussion – Evaluating Quality Patient Outcomes
How can data provide information to evaluate quality patient outcomes? Give an example of data that can reflect poor quality in care. How can quality improvement be a daily task in patient care? Why does continuous quality improvement need to be associated with change?
NR 451 Week 5 Discussion, Core Competencies for Nurses
Explore the website for the Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) initiative at http://www.qsen.org. How can the QSEN competencies for nurses be implemented into your workplace or professional nursing setting? If you are not currently employed as a nurse, consider a previous care setting that would have benefited from implementation of the QSEN competencies.
NR 451 Week 6 Discussion, Implementing Change Despite Resistance
Change can be difficult to implement. Now that you are almost finished with your change project, if you were to implement your project in your clinical practice, what type of resistance do you expect from staff? List at least three ways that you can lessen the resistance you may encounter to help ensure the success of your project.
NR 451 Week 7 Discussion, Health Federal Bills in Congress
There is much attention on federal health care policy and law. Health Bills: GovTrack.us provides a list of federal bills that are currently in process in Congressional Committees.
Choose a health-related federal bill of interest to you. Read through the bill and post a summary in your own words. Include the bill number and name.
- How might this bill impact professional nursing practice standards if passed? If not passed?
- How might the bill impact your own nursing practice?
NR 451 Week 7 Discussion, Healthcare Economics
Health care costs are on the rise. What is an example of wasted health care dollars in your clinical practice and how do you propose improving the utilization of these dollars?
NR 451 Week 8 Discussion, Your Future
What Does the Future Hold?
What does the following statement mean to you?
In order to meet the challenges of taking care of older and sicker patients, incorporate patient safety and quality of care into practice, and understand economics and its effect on the workforce, nurses must take a leading role in the future of healthcare.
nr 451 course discussion