MGT 3210 Final Exam Managing Diversity in the Workplace
- What are the glass ceiling, glass walls, and the glass escalator and what are their effects on those who are constrained by them?
- What are some effects of sex segregation, sex discrimination, and sexual harassment on women’s careers?
- Discuss the provisions of the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
- What is the “stained glass ceiling”? How is the “stained glass ceiling” similar to and different from the regular “glass ceiling?” Explain.
- Why is “age diversity” an issue for everyone?
- Explain the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- What should employers do when appearance requirements conflict with employees’ religious requirements?
- What can be done to alleviate misperceptions about the performance of people with disabilities?
- Explain the provisions of the FMLA.
- What measures can organizations take to assist workers in dealing with work and family needs and why might organizations be interested in taking those measures?
- Organizations are ….in taking measures for several reasons:
- What are the employment and income-relate effects of being overweight for women? For men?
- What is the perceived relationship between weight and appearance? mgt 3210 final exam
- Discuss similarities and differences between sexual minorities and other non-dominant group members.
- How might one reconcile strongly held religious beliefs about homosexuality with an organization’s posture on non-discrimination against sexual minorities?
- Why are diversity issues particularly important in the United States?