MGMT 303 Week 1 to 4, SWOT Analysis
Analyze the internal and external environments of the organization along the following terms.
You must use the mandatory outline located in Introduction and Resources> SWOT Analysis to organize your paper. You do need to use all the numbering system, lettering and headers/sub-headers from the outline to organize the entire paper.
Points will be deducted if you do not use these section headers to organize the different research content required in your paper.
Your analysis should a minimum of 1,000 words. Your analysis should be easy to follow as a result of using these organization tools from the outline.
SECTION 1: ORGANIZATIONAL BACKGROUND
- Write a brief company history, including a mission statement.
- Describe a strategic direction that the company is pursuing.
- Explain how the organization’s mission statement reflects their strategic direction
SECTION 2: EXTERNAL ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENTS
- Thoroughly research and analyze two opportunities and two threats that this organization is facing. Each of these opportunities and threats must come from a force or forces occurring within a dimension or dimensions of the general environment within the organization’s external environment (Keep in mind an opportunity or threat can stem from more than one dimension within the general environment.). Be sure to include in your discussion the relevant dimensions of the general environment from which each of these forces is derived that are creating the specific opportunity or threat for the organization.
SECTION 3: THE SWOT CHART
- Prepare the SWOT Chart
- Thoroughly explain at least two major strengths and two major weaknesses (review Chapter 9) of the organization culture. For each strength, discuss why this strength can be considered a distinctive competence for the organization
- Include in your analysis an explanation of how each of the opportunities and threats will likely impact the company and why. Include other companies/industries on which this may also have an effect. You should have a minimum of a full paragraph for each discussion of each opportunity and threat.
- You should have a minimum of a full paragraph for each discussion of each strength and weakness. mgmt 303 week 1 to 4
SECTION 4: STRATEGIC ACTIONS
- For each strength, discuss how the company could do to leverage that strength.
- For each weakness, discuss what the organization could do to minimize that weakness.
- Discuss how the organization can capitalize on the opportunities that are occurring from the dimensions from within the general environment and how the organization can neutralize the threats that are occurring from the dimensions from within the general environment.