MGMT 303 Final Exam Questions with Answers
- (TCO 1) At the _____ managerial level, conceptual skills are particularly important.
- (TCO 2) The process of actively monitoring the environment through activities such as reading and observation is called
- (TCO 3) Individuals in an organization who find themselves in an ethical dilemma have many factors that will determine whether their behavior is ethical or unethical. Which of the following does NOT determine the behavior?
- (TCO 4) The European Union and North American Free Trade Agreement are often in the news in the United States. There are other trade agreements in the world. China and South Korea are not members of a specific trade agreement, but do take part in trade discussion of which agreement or association?
- (TCO 5) A(n) _____ of Choice Waste Management could be to expand operations in two more countries this year.
- (TCO 6) A good opportunity for an entrepreneurship or an intrapreneurship may be found by considering
- (TCO 7) _____ is defined as clear and distinct lines of authority among all positions in an organization.
- (TCO 8) The job characteristics model is a framework for analyzing and designing jobs that identifies five primary core job dimensions, their relationships, and their impact on employee productivity, ________, and satisfaction.
- (TCO 9) Which of the following statements does NOT describe an advantage of verbal communication?
- (TCO 10) Budgets
- (TCO 2) An organization’s external environment refers to forces outside the organization that affect its performance. Compare and contrast two of the components of the external environment
- (TCO 3) You are the CEO of a factory that manufactures furniture. Explain briefly why your company needs to be socially responsible. Briefly comment on any two areas of social responsibility.
- (TCO 7) Briefly describe the matrix structure of organizational design. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this design?
- (TCO 8) Identify three performance appraisal methods and an advantage and disadvantage of each method.
- (TCO 9) Identify and briefly explain five communication issues for management in today’s organizations
- (TCO 10) Identify and describe the controls that can be used before, during, and after an activity. mgmt 303 final exam
- (TCO 1) Recall a recent group project or task in which you have participated. Explain how members of the group displayed each of the managerial skills.
- (TCO 2) Planning seems to take a lot of effort. Why is it so important for managers to plan? List four main reasons and explain each in detail. Share an example.
- TCO 8) Human Resources Planning is a process to ensure managers have the right number of skilled employees at the right place and right time. Thorough planning entails two steps: assessing current human resources and meeting future HR needs. List and explain the three important parts of the current assessment process mgmt 303 final exam
- (TCO 9) Describe in detail the three major contingency theories of leadership. How do these differ?
- (TCO 10) Explain what a PERT network system is and share an example of when it would be best to use this tool.