MGMT 303 Final Exam 2 – Question and Answers
- (TCO 1) the goals that have been set for an organization must be monitored and the actual Performance compared to goals. This is part of the_________function of management.
- (TCO 2) the process of actively monitoring the environment through activities such as reading and observation is called
- (TCO 3) Individuals in an organization who find themselves in an ethical dilemma have many factors that will determine whether their behavior is ethical or unethical. Which of the following does NOT determine the behavior?
- (TCO 4) When 12 original countries joined together, with the primary goal of reasserting the Region’s economic position against the United States and Japan, the__________was formed.
- (TCO 5) A (n)_________of Choice Waste Management could be to expand operations in two more Countries this year.
- (TCO 6) after watching the royal wedding, Susan wants to start her own hat-making company in the United States. To help her determine whether this is a good idea, she needs to find the answers to which of the following questions?
- 7. (TCO 7) A regional manufacturing operation has the following divisions: manufacturing, finance, human resources, marketing, and shipping/receiving. This is an example of_________departmentalization.
- (TCO 8) The _______ is the act that requires organizations with 50 or more employees up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave each year for family or medical reasons.
- (TCO 9) Which of the following statements does not describe an advantage of verbal communication?
- (TCO 10) The basic purpose of control is
- (TCO 2) an organization’s external environment refers to forces outside the organization that affect its performance. Compare and contrast two of the components of the external environment.
- (TCO 3) What is social entrepreneurship? How can businesses promote positive social change? mgmt 303 final exam
- (TCO 7) Briefly describe the matrix structure of organizational design. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this design?
- (TCO 8) Identify three performance appraisal methods and an advantage and disadvantage of each method.
- (TCO 9) Explain what the barriers are to interpersonal communications. mgmt 303 final exam
- (TCO 10) What are the three steps in the control process? Explain each of the steps.
- (TCO 1) Recall a recent group project or task in which you have participated. Explain how members of the group displayed each of the managerial skills.
- (TCO 2) List and explain in detail the components of the four perspectives on how managers make decisions.
- (TCO 8) The goals of Organizational Behavior are to explain, predict, and influence employee behavior. List and explain in detail the six employee behaviors that are so important in this process.
- (TCO 9) Throughout many organizations, communications serve four major functions. List and describe in detail each of the four functions and share an example of each.
- (TCO 10) Explain what a PERT network system is and share an example of when it would be best to use this tool.