MATH 533 Final Exam
- The length of time to do a cable installation by Multi-Cable Inc. is normally distributed with a mean of 42.8 minutes and a standard deviation of 6.2 minutes. What percentage of installations takes less than 30 minutes?
- Accident claims are checked for completeness by branch offices of Fortune Insurance before they are sent to a regional office for payment. Historically 80% of the claims are complete when they reach the regional office. You select a random sample of 20 claims that have arrived at the regional office. Find the probability that
- Until this year the mean braking distance of a Nikton automobile moving at 60 miles per hour was 175 feet. Nikton engineers have developed what they consider a better braking system. They test the new brake system on a random sample of 81 cars and determine the sample mean braking distance. The results are:
- The manager at Trion Electric Co-op is concerned about the rise in the number of late payments. If more than 10% of the accounts are behind in their payments, the manager will initiate a costly monitoring program. A random sample of 75 accounts shows that 9 were behind in their payments.
- AJ AUCTION sells art drawings of little known artist at auction. The dealer is ………in the relationship between the final sale price ($) (Y) and the number of persons bidding on the drawing (X). A random sample of 20 drawing is ….. Answer part a, b, c, d, e f, g,h
- The personnel department of a large industrial corporation would like to develop a model to predict the weekly salary based upon the length of employment and age of its managerial employees. Salary is …….as a linear function of length of employment and age. Answer Part a, b, c, d, e,f.