LDR 531 Week 4 Quiz with Answers
- Gerard Yoder believes that every time he picks up his daughter, Penny, from school, it brings him good luck. The last time he picked her up from school, he won a lottery ticket. Today, after he received her from school, he reached his office and found out that he has been promoted. Which of the following concepts best describes Yoder’s belief?
- Tiffany Crowe works as a showroom executive at a clothing boutique in London. Today, she is in a positive mood and instantly greets and smiles at a customer who walks into the store. The customer feels welcomed by her response. While browsing the store, Crowe helps the customer with products and passes on her positive mood to the customer. The customer leaves the store feeling content with a smile on her face. Which of the following best describes this situation?
- Employees with positive core self-evaluations believe in their inner worth and basic competence, and are more satisfied with their jobs than those with negative core self-evaluations. The concept of positive core self-evaluations indicates that
- Self-determination theory proposes that in addition to being driven by a need for autonomy, people seek ways to achieve
Why is Maslow’s theory criticized?
- Which of the following is an example of deviant workplace behavior?
- The church you go to every Sunday is made up of people who have very different lifestyles and are at different stages in their life. Joanna is a 23-year-old, single parent who works for minimum wage and shifts from motel to motel for accommodation. Josephine is a single, 45-year-old woman who earns a decent salary and has few interests and friends outside her office. Jonathan is 60 years old, extremely wealthy, has a loving family, and enjoys his work. You have decided to apply Maslow’s hierarchy of needs to determine what motivates each of these individuals.
- Which of the following needs would most likely motivate Joanna?
- Susan Daniels works for an event management company and is discontent with her job because she was passed over for a promotion. She has now composed a list of concerns and plans to discuss the issue with her supervisor.
- Charles, Anna, Elle, and Adam are college friends and work in New York City. Comfortable living in New York occurs at about $40,000 a year. Charles makes $24,000 a year, Anna makes $30,000 a year, Elle makes $50,000 a year, and Adam makes $75,000 a year. Which of the following is most likely to be true with reference to correlation between pay and job satisfaction?
- In the following does cognitive dissonance indicate between two or more attitudes or between behavior and attitudes?
Which of the following statements is true regarding negotiation?
- MBO provides individual employees with
- ________ are caused by a specific event, are very brief, and accompanied by distinct facial expressions.
- If Alberta is a categorized as a Theory X manager, which of the following behaviors is she most likely to exhibit?
- Which of the following statements is true regarding the effects of moods and emotions on decision making?
- Emotions such as relaxation, serenity, and calmness comprise the ________ mood dimension. (LDR 531 week 4)
- Which of the following statements is true regarding goal-setting theory?
- ________ refers to evaluative statements or judgments concerning objects, people, or events.
- Which of the following statements represents the cognitive component of attitude?
- So, check out more tutorials and courses on BSA.