HLTH-4000-4,Intro to Hlth Mgt Exam – Week 3
- Within the majority of health care organizations, leaders and employees are coming to depend more on the effectiveness of group efforts.
- The paternalistic approach to leadership is a subset of what we know as participative leadership.
- The administration of a budget is an integral part of the basic management function of coordinating.
- Comparing the popular conceptions of leadership and management, we ordinarily find that:
- Unrealistic mandates from higher management and a lack of purpose are common reasons for team failure.
- To be fully effective, a departmental team or work group will never recruit members from outside of the department.
- The supervisor’s role in working with the budget:
- The single significant factor that unites the members of any team is their appointment by the same higher authority.
- Leaders shape the culture of an organization, but it is also true that the culture can sometimes shape the leader.
- Waldenville Urgent Care Clinic provides:
- Treat their employees the way they want customers to be treated
- A budget contains information vital to the potential determination of new charges and adjustments to various costs of doing business.
- Team players must be given opportunities to develop their technical skills as well as interpersonal skills; that is, the skills that pull people together as a team.
- Effective leaders possess team leadership skills to a far greater extent than professional or technical skills.
- Having funds left over at the end of the year is a clear indicator of efficient management of resources.
- Decision making requires exclusive involvement of an individual’s analytical processes.
- Team cooperation is enhanced when employees know that their performance evaluations are affected by the extent to which they display teamwork.
- The most workable budgets are those created within the finance department and handed down to the operating divisions.
- Most decisions should be made at the lowest possible organizational level.
- A team composed entirely of rank-and-file employees:
- Autocratic leaders usually make decisions with the participation of their staffs.
- The principal causes of overtime include:
- Which of the following is not a characteristic of an effective team?
- Solitude is rarely effective in stimulating the creative thinking process.
- For a supervisor to truly command respect in the department, he or she must openly apply the power of the position at every opportunity.