HLTH-4000-3-Intro to Hlth Mgt-2021-Winter-QTR-Term-wks- 7-thru-12
Exam – Week 6
- Without planning, a task that must be done usually takes more time than it would if planning preceded its performance.
- Whenever possible, you should give your employees the authority to address and resolve customer complaints.
- What is the purpose of the planning assumptions in the development of the volume forecast?
- A plan should include the planner’s assessment of how customers and employees may be affected by changes caused by the plan.
- Which of the following is a key focus within CQI?
- Which of the following quality improvement techniques helps to identify and organize the possible cause for a problem in a structured format?
- It is recommended that workers directly participate in the formulation of a mission statement.
- There are some health care provider organizations that have no internal customers.
- For most health care practitioners, is associated with the observations and reforms made by Florence Nightingale during the Crimean War of 1854.
- One influence of managed care on hospitals has been the necessity to hire many more employees.
- Employee Assistance Programs address:
- Job analysis is necessary to:
- What is the main purpose of strategic planning?
- Major federal law affecting HR primarily addresses:
- How can intelligence on competitors’ strategies best be gathered?
- What is the department manager’s role in strategic planning?
- An example of a supporting plan that is driven by the strategic plan is:
- Why is it important to include past strategic performance as a part of future strategy development?
- The performance of health care organizations depends on their effectiveness and their efficiency. Which of the following terms is defined as “providing services based on scientific knowledge to all who could benefit and refraining from providing services to those not likely to benefit (avoiding underuse and overuse)”?
- HR decisions need to be strategic because of:
- The perspective moves quality from an issue of concern for a department or work unit, and makes it a concern for the entire organization, its network of partners, and the market and governmental institutions supporting the health care sector.
- “To Err Is Human” examined the high rate of medical errors in U.S. hospitals; such errors are due to which of the following?
- Why is execution of the strategy so important?
- A “health service [that has] risks [that] outweigh its benefits” is the definition of which of the following terms?
- The “failure to provide a service whose benefit is greater than its risk” is the definition of which of the following terms?