HLTH-4000-3-Intro to Hlth Mgt-2021-Winter-QTR-Term
Exam – Week 6
- Total quality management (TQM), referred to as in health care, became the new paradigm for quality improvement within the U.S. during the 1980s and 1990s.
- Strategic plans translate broad strategies into specific objectives and action plans.
- Patients are most likely to complain about the medical care they receive far more than about food or noise or other nonclinical concerns.
- Which of the following stakeholder groups should NOT be included in strategic planning?
- The IOM report Crossing the Quality Chasm laid out an agenda for the creation of a 21st-century health care system in the USA that is:
- Excessive employee turnover has significant effects only on the cost of recruiting and placing replacement employees.
- Which aspect(s) of the SWOT analysis aims to identify external market forces?
- Which of the following is not a necessary step in the formulation and implementation of an action plan?
- A reasonably clear picture of where the organization wishes to be in the coming few years is often an element of a mission statement.
- The book Forgive and Remember portrays the surgical culture of personal accountability on which QA is grounded, and underscores which core assumption(s) about medical errors?
- Why is the execution of the strategy so important?
- Managed care is forcing an increase in customer service communication with an increasing number of external and internal customers.
- An effective mission statement must be a detailed document that includes all actions to be taken to fulfill that mission.
- What is the purpose of tactical plans?
- What do the four letters in the PDCA Model represent?
- Which of the following is necessary for successful strategy execution?
- Not all HR functions are carried out exclusively by HR staff. Which of the following would be carried out by line managers?
- The majority of hospital patients do not want:
- Whenever possible, you should give your employees the authority to address and resolve customer complaints.
- Why is it important to consider innovations in technology in the development of the strategic plan?
- A supervisor can assist in the recruiting process by providing concise, up-to-date position descriptions.
- Which of the following is a typical measure used by senior management to directly assess the performance of HR efforts?
- What are the components of a Situational Assessment?
- Employee Suggestion Programs:
- In addressing each customer complaint, do not: