HLTH-4000-3-Intro to Hlth Mgt-2021-Winter-QTR-Term-wks- 7-thru-12
Exam – Week 6
- Employee Suggestion Programs:
- Major federal law affecting HR primarily addresses:
- A “health service [that has] risks [that] outweigh its benefits” is the definition of which of the following terms?
- There are some health care provider organizations that have no internal customers.
- What is the department manager’s role in strategic planning?
- Total quality management (TQM), referred to as in health care, became the new paradigm for quality improvement within the U.S. during the 1980s and 1990s.
- Under managed care, the government and insurers have been forcing providers to operate on less money than they usually feel they need.
- Which of the following statements is/are true?
- An appropriate objective has just two components: what is to be done and how much is to be done.
- Flowcharting is a quality improvement technique used for.
- What is the purpose of the planning assumptions in the development of the volume forecast?
- A vision statement provides a premise that leaders commit to and dramatize to others as a statement of what the organization is and strives to be.
- Who first promoted such basic sanitary precautions as washing hands, cleaning surgical tools, providing fresh bed linens, and ensuring hospital wards were clean?
- defines who is a customer in broad terms, and believes that any person or organization that is on the downstream end of a process is a customer.
- What is the purpose of tactical plans?
- The majority of hospital patients do not want:
- The “failure to provide a service whose benefit is greater than its risk” is the definition of which of the following terms?
- Planning is absolutely fundamental as a management function because it logically precedes all of the other management functions.
- HR decisions need to be strategic because of:
- “To Err Is Human” examined the high rate of medical errors in U.S. hospitals; such errors are due to which of the following?
- Strategic plans translate broad strategies into specific objectives and action plans.
- An example of a supporting plan that is driven by the strategic plan is:
- Excessive employee turnover has significant effects only on the cost of recruiting and placing replacement employees.
- Whenever possible, you should give your employees the authority to address and resolve customer complaints.
- Why is it important to consider innovations in technology in the development of the strategic plan?