HLT 555 Week 5 Assignment, Public Service Health Announcement (Two Versions)
This is a two-part assignment. Part 1 is a narrative report and Part 2 is a public service health announcement. You will identify and explain the effect of the water supply on the development of cholera in developing countries.
Part 1: Report
In a report of 750-1,000-words, address the following:
- The agent responsible for cholera.
- The symptoms, treatment, and diagnosis of cholera.
- Relationship between the water supply and cholera.
- Public health efforts to reduce cholera illness in developing countries.
Utilize a minimum of three references to support your claims.
Prepare this part of the assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
Part 2: Public Service Health Announcement
Develop a public service health announcement. The PSHA should:
- Have a clear message.
- Be targeted toward a specific audience.
- Be persuasive in nature.
- Grab the viewer’s attention.
- Be brief.
- Support statements with evidence.
- Contain photos and text (voice and music are optional).
- Observe all copyright laws.
HLT 555 Week 5 Discussion Question 1 and 2
Discussion 1: Explore the following statement: “The answer to a waterborne disease outbreak is to ‘shock’ chlorinate.” What health risks would be mitigated with this approach? What new health risks might emerge from the application of large doses of chlorine?
Discussion 2: What actions can be taken to lower air pollution emissions? Consider actions that can be taken at the individual, community, and government levels.