HLT 540 Week 2 Assignment, Evidence-Based Research Interview
Identify, analyze, and discuss the components that comprise a valid evidence-based research study.
Based on the information compiled above, interview a health care leader about his/her experiences related to using evidence-based research to drive changes in practices in his/her facility.
Write a report (1,000-1,250 words) of your findings. Include the following in your report:
1) The changes that the health care leader has been involved in implementing.
2) How strong did the leader feel the research on the topic was? Why?
3) Have they ever rejected research findings? Why or why not?
4) Include any concerns they have had or resistance they have experienced when implementing changes based on research.
5) Analyze your findings as they apply to the components of evidence-based research.
HLT 540 Week 2 Discussion Question 1
What kinds of extraneous variables (not cited in the studies) do you think could have affected the relationships between the independent variables and the dependent variables in both the Messina et al. and Coyne et al. studies?
HLT 540 Week 2 Discussion Question 2
How effectively do you think the Coyne et al. study and the Messina et al. study both used their review of literature to help the reader understand why the research question was asked? How could they have done it more effectively?