HLT 205 Week 5 Assignment, Managed Care Presentation
This is a Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) assignment.
The instructor assigned students to their CLC groups in Topic 2.
The most powerful force shaping the U.S. health care delivery system is managed care. As a health care professional, it is vital that you understand the managed care system, as it impacts all stakeholders. The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate your knowledge of managed care.
Create a 12- to 15-slide presentation that includes detailed speaker notes with in-text citations for each slide. In your presentation, explain the following:
- What a managed care organization (MCO) is and how MCOs have evolved. Provide an example.
- MCO accrediting bodies and the types of care they oversee. Why is this accreditation important?
- Types of managed care plans, such as HMOs and PPOs. What are the differences? Why are each important to the health care system?
- The impact of MCOs on cost, access, and quality.
- What an accountable care organization is and its relationship to MCOs. Provide an example.
HLT 205 Week 5 Assignment