Quiz – Week 7
- Groups in which members share a cultural heritage from one generation to another.
- The integrated pattern of human behavior that includes thoughts, communication, action, customs, beliefs, values, and instructions of a racial, ethnic, religious, or social group.
- Multicultural Panelist Todd Correa shared how he was raised to “not see color.” Coming from a color-blind lens is a:
- An umbrella term that encompasses a number of understandings of gender and sexuality among many Indigenous North Americans/American Indians is .
- The unearned advantages and privileges that accrues to people of light-colored skin (usually White European descent) is referred to as:
- Multicultural Panelist Mariangelly Sierra describes her sexuality as “pansexual.” Pansexual is:
- Multicultural Panelist Avis Garcia refers to cultural assimilation when describing her grandparent’s fear of Avis “losing” her Native American identity. What is assimilation?
- Microaggressions can be:
- Multicultural Panelist Christine Park shared she was unaware of her racial and ethnic identity until she left Hawaii, began questioning how her family arrived in Hawaii, and recognized the discrimination her family has experienced. According to Cross’s Nigrescence Model, which stage was Christine in when she first became aware of her racial and ethnic identity?
- Systemic oppression refers to:
- A Japanese client who was reluctant to look you in the eye during their counseling session would most likely be displaying:
- Poverty is influenced by:
- Systemic issues and classism
- Racism contributes to:
- Racism is:
- The Association for Spiritual, Ethical and Religious Values in Counseling (ASERVIC) developed counseling competencies which include all of the following EXCEPT:
- Implicit bias, also known as aversive racism,
- Research on gay and lesbian parents indicates:
- previously had biological connotations but is now recognized as a social construction that refers to systems of dominance.