COUN 6723 Quiz – Week 7
- Ethnocentricity is:
- The Association for Spiritual, Ethical and Religious Values in Counseling (ASERVIC) developed counseling competencies which include all of the following EXCEPT:
- Poverty is influenced by:
- Multicultural Panelist Mariangelly Sierra describes her sexuality as “pansexual.” Pansexual is:
- An umbrella term that encompasses a number of understandings of gender and sexuality among many Indigenous North Americans/American Indians is .
- The unearned advantages and privileges that accrues to people of light-colored skin (usually White European descent) is referred to as:
- Systemic oppression refers to:
- Multicultural Panelist Avis Garcia refers to cultural assimilation when describing her grandparent’s fear of Avis “losing” her Native American identity. What is assimilation?
- Counselors who are committed to social justice and equality that transcends the bounds of their professional identity are demonstrating:
- Racism contributes to:
- A Japanese client who was reluctant to look you in the eye during their counseling session would most likely be displaying:
- The integrated pattern of human behavior that includes thoughts, communication, action, customs, beliefs, values, and instructions of a racial, ethnic, religious, or social group.
- Implicit bias, also known as aversive racism,
- The pronoun “their” can be .
- An individual seeking to become part of the dominant society to the exclusion of one’s own cultural group is practicing .
- Cultural power is:
- Multicultural Panelist Christine Park shared she was unaware of her racial and ethnic identity until she left Hawaii, began questioning how her family arrived in Hawaii, and recognized the discrimination her family has experienced. According to Cross’s Nigrescence Model, which stage was Christine in when she first became aware of her racial and ethnic identity?
- Multicultural Panelist Todd Correa shared how he was raised to “not see color.” Coming from a color-blind lens is a:
- Racism is: