COUN-6360-23-Assessment in Counseling-2021-Winter-QTR-Term-wks-1-thru-10
Week 6 Quiz
- Histograms and frequency polygons are visual representations of frequency distributions.
- Jerome has scored a 10 on a test. How has he done?
- The results of a norm group comparison test can do all of the following EXCEPT:
- On negatively skewed curves, the mean is lower than the median, which is lower than the mode.
- On a normally distributed curve, which is true?
- Measures of central tendency tell you something about the middle of a series of numbers but hardly anything about the variability of a set of numbers.
- On all normally distributed curves, the mean, median, and mode are the same.
- A group of graduate students studying psychology take a national comprehensive exam. On the test, their mean score is about 0.5 standard deviation above the mean as compared to the national score. The variability of their scores is less than the national mean. If passing is 1 standard deviation below the mean, it is likely that many have failed.
- If an individual takes a test, and if you know an individual’s raw score, the mean of the group of individuals who took the test, and the standard deviation of the group, you can tell the relative position of the individual within his or her group.
- If Juan has scored a 53 on a test, what can we say about how he has done?