COUN-6328S-9/COUN-6626-9-Research Meth & Prog Eval-2022-Summer-QTR-Term-wks- 1-thru-10
Week 2 Quiz
- The researchers sought to extend existing research through the study.
- In what section does the author lay out their reason for conducting the research?
- Peer review is a means of quality control in publishing.
- Heath, Brenner, Vogel, Lannin, and Strass (2017) used the following participants in their research:
- Based on information contained in the abstract, self-compassion had no relationship with help-seeking behavior or disclosure.
- The assessment data was initially analyzed by computing mean scores. What does this mean?
- The sentence below represents which of the following?
- This research is current and was published in the last 10 years.
- The researchers displayed ethical consideration by:
- Securing informed consent from research participants is an ethical responsibility for every researcher. In the Heath et al. (2017) article, the informed consent procedures were covered in which section?
- The researchers collected data from assessment instruments including the CMNI-46 and the Self Compassion Scale.
- The average age of the participants in this study was:
- A power analysis of .70 revealed the need for a sample of at least 190 participants.
- Researchers suggest future research is needed to specifically investigate:
- Journal articles provide current information on a research topic and are a way to inform the professional community about the findings of completed research studies.
- The section where researchers reflect on the meaning of their results is the:
- The researchers collected all the data online.
- Which section of the Heath et al. (2017) scholarly article details the data that was collected and what tables, graphs, and images are frequently used to convey what was found?
- In order to determine how many participants would be needed for this study, the researchers conducted which test?
- With regard to evidence-based practice, based on the results of this particular study, the researchers suggest testing which of the following as a low threat activity to potentially increase self compassion:
- One purpose of the Heath et al. (2017) study was to examine how self-compassion might buffer the relationship between masculine norm adherence and help-seeking barriers.
- The results indicate that self-compassion might help mitigate men’s help-seeking barriers and may be a potential intervention point to help increase men’s help-seeking rates for psychological concerns.
- One limitation of this design is:
- Which section of a research article identifies the participants and data that is collected for the study?
- Structural equation modeling was conducted using which of the following?