BUSI 2003C – BUSI 2003 Week 2 Quiz (30 out of 30 points)
- Which of the following best describes the utility of the roof in the QFD chart?
- The focus of the factory may take shape around several dimensions. Which of the following in not a dimension noted by the author for focusing a plant’s facility?
- Which of the following is not true about the product-process strategy?
- Which of the following statements concerning the importance of supply chain collaboration is false?
- A sugar refinery would typically use a batch flow production system.
- Design for Experiment (DFM) is an approach that focuses primarily on simplification of products.
- An organization’s strategy must be chosen such that it is linked with product plans and management’s competitive priorities. Which company below is most likely to choose a batch flow production system?
- Make-to-stock (MTS) and make-to-order (MTO) process choices each offer relative advantages and disadvantages. Which of the following statements concerning MTS and MTO is true?
- Correctly complete the following sentence. Concurrent engineering is:
- Concurrent engineering is a sequential development process involving all the functions in an organization.
- The project form of operations consists of several common characteristics. Which of the following is typically not a characteristic of projects?
- Which of the following statements concerning Quality Function Deployment(QFD) is false?
- Which of these factors should a company consider while deciding upon a certain process choice?
- A make-to-stock process (MTS) can provide faster service to customers while a make-to- order (MTO) process can provide customized service to customers.
- Which of the following statements about the evolution of production process and product life cycles is false?