BUSI 2003 Week 4 Quiz
- Which of the following statements concerning the Malcolm Baldrige award is true?
- Reliability refers to:
- The measures of quality used in manufacturing processes can be readily transferred to service operations.
- Customer and Market Focus contribute most of the points of the Baldrige criteria.
- Service quality is based on the gap between and.
- Which of the following matches between quality gurus and the guru’s philosophy is incorrect?
- Little’s Law in a manufacturing process relates to:
- A bank has an average of 10 customers per hour arriving into the system and it takes an average of 30 minutes for the clerk to complete a transaction with a customer. Determine the average length of the queue in the bank.
- Symbols used within a typical flow-process chart include all of the following except:
- Performance Quality means producing a product or delivering a service that meets the required specifications.
- Elements of a system may include all of the following except:
- The meaning of quality has evolved greatly over the past century. Which of the following statements best exemplifies the current meaning of quality?
- The process of constructing a flowchart for service operations is also referred to as service blueprinting.
- According to Little’s Law, average throughput time equals the average inventory * average flow rate.
- The four basic principles of BPR include all of the following except: