BUSI 2003 Final Exam Week 6 – BUSI 2003C- BUSI 2003-Operations
100 out of 100 points
- Throughput time, process flow rate, capacity, and the average amount of inventory in the system are some of the key metrics of a manufacturing process.
- The concept of mistake-proofing was first developed in the 1960s by Shigeo Shingo. It was called:
- Which of the following is not a reason for quality improvement failure?
- Little’s Law in a manufacturing process relates to:
- A bank has an average of 10 customers per hour arriving into the system and it takes an average of 30 minutes for the clerk to complete a transaction with a customer. Determine the average length of the queue in the bank.
- The measures of quality used in manufacturing processes can be readily transferred to service operations.
- Correctly complete the following sentence. Aggregate planning typically:
- Training is an example of appraisal costs.
- The four different dimensions of quality include all of the following except:
- The process of constructing a flowchart for service operations is also referred to as service blueprinting.
- The four “costs of quality” include all of the following except:
- There are four basic types of facility choices. Which of the following statements concerning facility choices is not true?
- Aggregate planning must be a coordinated, cross-disciplinary activity, as it should consider the management of both supply (capacity) and demand. From a demand perspective, important factors to consider when managing demand include all of the following except:
- Using a three-period, weighted moving average forecast model with weights of 0.50, 0.40, and 0.10 (weights decline with the age of the demand observation), what would the forecast of demand be for the upcoming week 6 given the historical demands shown below?
- Transportation of materials into or out of a facility is the responsibility of the logistics function.
- Two common measures of flexibility are volume and mix flexibility.
- Specific measures of supply chain performance include all of the following except:
- If you were using a simple exponential smoothing forecast model (alpha value equal to 0.30), which generated a forecast of 25.10 units for the most recently completed week which has observed a demand of 31 units, what would be your forecast of demand for the upcoming week?
- Which of the following statements concerning the Malcolm Baldrige award is true?
- Elements of a system may include all of the following except:
- A small value of a is use when we require a simple exponential smoothing model to be responsive to the recent demand pattern.
- Supplier certification means the supplier has control over the processes and can pass an ISO 9000 type of audit at the very least.
- A negative value of capacity cushion indicates that the average demand is less than the capacity available. BUSI 2003 Final Exam
- Using a simple three-period moving average forecast model, what would the forecast of demand be for the upcoming week 6 given the historical demands shown below?
- The forecasting techniques of exponential smoothing and moving average that have rapid response rates to changes in the mean level of demand have: