BIOL 133 Week 8 Chapter 12 Study Questions with Answers
- What statement describes X-linked traits? Select all that apply.
- Sickle cell anemia is a recessive trait. A cross between two heterozygotes would produce what phenotypic ratio?
- Marfan syndrome is a dominant trait. A cross between a homozygous dominant and a heterozygote would produce what phenotypic ratio?
- If a cross for widow’s peak was conducted between a homozygous dominant and a heterozygote, it is expected that all organisms of the offspring will have widow’s peak. Even though all have the widow’s peak, they can _________.
- A and Z are independent events. The probability that A occurs is ¼. The probability that Z occurs is ¼. What is the probability that both will occur?
- If genes are completely linked, all the offspring will be _________.
- Low pitched male voices (RR) and a high pitched male voice (rr). Heterozygotes have a baritone voice. This is an example of _________.
- The allele for widows peak (H) is dominant for the allele for no widows peak (h). At a different gene locus, the allele for hitchhikers thumb (D) is dominant to the allele for the non-hitchhikers thumb (d). A man is heterozygote for the traits and marries a woman who has no widows peak and is heterozygote for hitchhikers thumb. What is the man’s genotype?
- Determine what statements describe Huntington’s disease? Select all that apply.
- In a monohybrid cross from heterozygous parents, of the offspring would be what genotypes? Select all that apply.