BIOL 133 Week 16 Chapter 20 Study Questions with Answers
- When a gene is passed to bacteria of a different species that brings with it an important feature, the resulting bacteria would provide complications in determining ________.
- The only taxonomic name not capitalized is the ________.
- Evidence has been gathered over the years that indicate mitochondria and chloroplasts were once bacteria. This idea is termed
- What is the proper way of writing the scientific name for humans?
- The idea of maximum parsimony derives from the assumption that traits are more likely to be passed down from an ancestor rather than ________.
- In homologous structures like the wings of a bat and the wings of a bird, it isn’t just the wings that make them homologous. It is due to the more complicated
- Humans belong in the phylum Chordata. The name Chordata is also known as the
- Since phylogenetic trees are essentially ________, they are subject to revision as new information is obtained
- What type of event is usually associated with each branch on a phylogenetic tree?
- Organisms in a specific clade would not only have structural features in common, but also share what other types of features?