BIOL 1001 Week 4 Exam – Introduction to Biology
- How could two parents with curly hair (a dominant condition) have boys and girls with straight hair (a recessive condition)?
- What is the role of fossils in supporting the theory of common descent?
- If a blue-colored flower crossed with a white-colored flower produced a light blue-colored flower o” spring, then it’s most likely a case
- Match each model of life on earth in column 1 with its description in column 2.
- Species do change over time and new species can arise, but each group of species derives from a separate ancestor that arose independently.
- Phenotypic features that are coded for by several genes, such as eye color in humans, are called:
- Which of the following groupings are in order from broadest to narrowest?
- Because of the law of independent assortment:
- You discover a primate fossil while on an expedition in Africa. Which part of the skeleton would you be most interested in examining in order to classify this primate as a human or a nonhuman primate? (BIOL 1001 week 4 exam)
- Batwings are homologous to the front legs of cats. What does the term homologous means in this context ?
- In humans, heterozygotes are referred to as , particularly when the recessive allele is associated with a genetic disease.
- Assuming that the genes are on separate chromosomes, an organism with the genotype AaBb will make gametes in the following proportions: 1/4 AB, 1/4 Ab, 1/4 aB, and 1/4 ab. This is an example of:
- Which of the following statements is false?
- A heterozygous organism:
- Nonfunctional traits in some species that are functional in others, such as flightless birds
- Cystic fibrosis is caused by the allele f, which is completely recessive to the normal dominant allele F. Consider a couple with the genotype Ff. What is the chance that their first child will develop cystic fibrosis?
- Inland mammals, the pelvic girdle serves to connect the legs to the rest of the skeleton. Whales have a small residual pelvic girdle that does not attach to anything. This is an example of .
- How many genetically di”erent types of sperm could an animal that is heterozygous-dominant for one trait produce?
- Dihybird crosses involve——-traits
- So, check out our latest Tutorials and Courses on BSA 575