BUS 308 Week 4 Assignment Problem Set, Discussion 1 and 2
BUS 308 Week 4 Assignment, Confidence Intervals and Chi Squares (Chs 11 – 12)
For questions 3 and 4 below, be sure to list the null and alternate hypothesis statements. Use .05 for your significance level in making your decisions.
For full credit, you need to also show the statistical outcomes - either the Excel test result or the calculations you performed.
1. Using our sample data, construct a 95% confidence interval for the population's mean salary for each gender. Interpret the results. How do they compare with the findings in the week 2 one sample t-test outcomes (Question 1)?
2. Using our sample data, construct a 95% confidence interval for the mean salary difference between the genders in the population. How does this compare to the findings in week 2, question 2?
a. Why is using a two sample tool (t-test, confidence interval) a better choice than using 2 one-sample techniques when comparing two samples?
3. We found last week that the degree values within the population do not impact compa rates. This does not mean that degrees are distributed evenly across the grades and genders. Do males and females have the same distribution of degrees by grade?
4. Based on our sample data, can we conclude that males and females are distributed across grades in a similar pattern within the population? What are the hypothesis statements:
5. How do you interpret these results in light of our question about equal pay for equal work?
BUS 308 Week 4 Discussion 1, Confidence Intervals
BUS 308 Week 4 Discussion 2, Chi-Square Tests
BUS 308 Week 4 Quiz (03 Sets, 30 MCQ's)